TEQ is a leader in the design and manufacturing of thermoformed devices and plastic packaging for the medical and pharmaceutical markets. TEQ is ideally suited to help medical device manufacturers meet the unique demands associated with medical packaging engineering, testing and validation, and supply chain optimization.
With minimal supervision, designs custom thermoformed plastic packaging as well as the production tools. Also creates prototypes molds, designs and any necessary drawings. Serves as a liaison between customers and suppliers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides Sales with technical support and drawings for quotation purposes.
2. Meets with vendors/customers to review product requirements including product design and function. Some travel may be required.
3. Documents all project information for the successful completion of each job.Maintains engineering files containing customer criteria and/or specifications,drawings, and internal machining and forming standards.
4. Reviews first article & test samples against prototype samples, drawings,and customer specification, when applicable. Documents all necessary modifications.
5. Attends product review meetings. Provides feedback pertaining to tooling &product design.
6. Confers with Tooling and/or Manufacturing to ensure designs meet the company’s machining capabilities and process capabilities.
7. Works with the Product Design and CNC staff on the creation of prototypes and production tooling. Reviews CAD files with staff and troubleshoots issues.
8. Designs the tools required for custom thermoformed plastic packaging, by developing and applying CAD/CAM and reducing lead time and costs.
9. Ensures all company tool related policies procedures, and documentation comply with all ISO 9001:2008 Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions and Forms.
Physical and Visual Activities/Demands:
1. Standing, walking, bending, reaching, reading, writing, sitting for extended periods of time, looking into a computer screen and talking.
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to occasionally lift, reach, stand, and walk throughout the day
2. Meticulous attention to detail
3. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. Good vision
6. Ability to multitask, meets deadlines, and properly prioritizes activities
7. Good manual dexterity
1. Associate’s Degree or equivalent
2. Two years previous plastic packaging design experience
3. Two years Solidworks software experience or equivalent
4. Previous Thermoforming experience preferred
Machines,Tools, and Equipment
1.Thermoformers, Measuring Instruments, Computer, Microsoft Office, Solidworks or equivalent
1. Exposure to semi-dark environment, heat, greases, cutting machinery, and lubricants
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
TEQ provides basic Group Life, Holidays, Vacation and Personal Days, generous 401k match, Health Club reimbursement, prescription safety glasses, safety shoe allowance, and tuition assistance.
If you are qualified and seeking the next step in your career, please click the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Paper applications are also accepted on site.
TEQ is an equal opportunity employer for veterans and disabled individuals.
TEQ is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Tennison at 847.961.7302 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.